Custom Search

Monday 5 November 2007

Purple Rose During Graduation

Ahh.....i'm in love with my purple roses. (That explains alot for my purplish BLOG)
I've been falling in love with purple roses since i was 8, when i first dreamt of seeing a field of purple roses (like lavender farm kinda scene...but it is purple roses instead of lavender) Without any hesitation i ran happily around the field that is like bed of roses...and from then i knew that my favourite flower would be purple roses (not dyed or mixed colour..but authentic/original purple roses)

Though it is hard to find...some said that there isn't such colour of roses, but deep down in my heart i knew that it would appear one day. After hunting for so many florist from klang to kl to cameron highland, i was sad to hear that they never seen a real purple rose before...only dyed ones that you will definitely see the prime colour mixture of red and blue colouring on white roses *sad...*
Purple roses are rare, or should i say epic!! it is hard to find, whats more buying it(definitely not cheap)..There are certain florist that sell it ..but they have to order it weeks before hand and import those epic roses from other country or does not have the purplish colour that i had in mind - either too pale or too dull.
Of course, there are certain occasions where i did received purple roses from someone that was once special...but it wasn't the real purple roses like i had in my dreams (not even close to the colour of purple)
This year, during my graduation, my dear baby gave me a surprise. He walk towards me at reception area in Tower Building with his best looking (new) suits, his best hairstyle and his best smile while holding a dozen of Big, Fresh and Real Purple Roses on his hand. I was in AWE :o *blink blink....smile....blink blink* indescribable feelings...

Of all the years, i've been searching for a Real, Pretty, Close to what i dreamt, *and not to mention that this one is BIG* Purple Rose.... ahh...my heart melts in happiness...finally my dream has come true.

Glancing at my baby, i only have 1 question to ask...
Angeline: "HOW MUCH IS THIS BOUQUET OF FLOWER??????......
Ashton: -.-"
Angeline: "Must be really expensive right??? ..Tell me, how much u had spent on this???"
Ashton: Erm ...Erm.... *sweat* ...aiyaaa don care la...you happy enuff
Angeline: "Let me guess AUD$100????"
Ashton: Erm ...Erm... 0.o donno
Angeline: Grrrr....*happy..smilling in my heart*

Thanks Jenny and mei yen for the flowers..i love it too ^^
Since i have many items to juggle in my only 2 arm hand, i toss the purple roses to ashton and asked him to hold it for me (it's pretty heavy). He gingerly holding it and walk along side with me. Then he asked me to observe around and listen carefully on what others were looking and pointing. 0.o????? only to realise that most of the girls that were passing by kept pointing at my purple roses and gasp .. "oh...wow..look at that guy ..he's holding a bouquet of purple colour roses...so pretty", not only once but many times that i realise most of them who spotted the purple roses were in awe. -my tails were waggling..nose pointing higher-Well, ashton was a little embarrassed holding the purple roses for so long and being pointed and whispered...tee hee

When my parents arrive, my mum saw the purple roses and insisted on helping to hold it for him. *knowing that my mum loves purple too..but her version of purple is elegant purple or deep purple* she happily demand my dad to hold the camera and take picture of her and the roses...*sob sob...mama dowan to take picture with me*
so at the end, it was my bouquet of roses that steal away the spotlight...sigh


Being a proud little girl on my graduation day, my whole family smiles at me when i walk towards them with my cert. Finally, i get to graduate...sob sob.. Being the last in my family with 2 elder brother (whom graduated from Curtin and Monash, Australia) to look upon, I had the biggest pressure on my shoulder. Therefore, it is really hard on me. But i'm glad that i made it. *no complains* That Graduation bear is from my parents...bought here all the way from KL..heheh...i love it so much...its so fluffy and adorable...nice to hug *smile*

*the picture that i took is from my phone camera, therefore the lighting made these roses look more pinkish than purple...the original colour of these roses are really gorgeous. They are now in hanging in display as dry flowers, which made the purple colour deeper and even more gorgeous. *and still BIG*

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi... came across your blog while i was searching for ways to preserve roses online...

just got a bouquet of purple roses for valentine's day that are like the ones in your blog and i was in awe as well! din know such purple roses exist and i love it!

but i din know that they are that hard to find tho...
how did u preserve yours? just by hanging them upside down?

Angeline Lew said...

hi yong,

glad that there is someone out there that shares the same interest of purple roses with me :)

yes...i did hang them upside down and let them dry by itself and surprisingly the colour of the roses gets darker and even more gorgeous...if it is still fresh and has not fully blossom yet, i would suggest you to put it into a vase and filled it with sugar and water with ice. It will make the roses bloom and stay longer.

happy valentine's day :)