Custom Search

Saturday 16 August 2008

My dearest Grandma.(08.08.1920-16.08.2008)


Chia Chiew Mui (1920-2008)

4.30am -Tossing and turning the whole night, i couldn't fall a sleep. Feeling scared and worried for no reason. Alone here in Sydney with family at home, there is no one i can turned to but Ashton.

5.50am - He woke up and saw me awake, questioning me why. I couldn't tell him the reason why as i myself do not know, until a message from home.

8.00am - A grief message from my brother informing me that grandmother had passed away at 4am(malaysia time), sydney time 6am.*I'm speechless*

Last week, on the 8th of august 2008, my family in Malaysia celebrated my grandmother's 88th birthday in advance, knowing that she might not be able to live for long enough till her actual birthday. I've already had a prepared heart for it, though its painful that i could not celebrate it with her this year nor i could see her again during next year's Chinese new year. I warned my mum and made her promised that she would tell me if anything were to happen to grandmother. I'd told her, i want to come home if anything happen, but my dad stopped me, telling me that i do not have to rush that they will handle things with care and update me. i want to attend her funeral as she is my only grandparent left. I know i should be home by now but I'm still here in Sydney.

Dear jia jia (grandma),

I'll always love you in my heart, you are my only grandma,who sees me growing up,from an infant to a woman. Although i wished you could see me walking down the aisle, but i only dare hoping to see you every Chinese new year. Knowing that you are now far far away from us, i can only wish that you will appear in my dream. Rest in Peace my beloved grandma. May your soul unite with grandpa.

Love always,
Ge ge

No comments: