Custom Search

Saturday 10 November 2007

Work@Sydney Habour Bridge

For years that i've stayed here in sydney and for years i've been yearning to Climb Sydney Habour Bridge, but everytime i tried to organise a trip to climb it, i'll always tell myself "its ok...i'll be here for 3 years..i'm sure one day i'll get to climb it". And there it goes, in a glimpse of eyes 3 years had gone by. Yet i never make an afford to climb it UNTIL....when i got my job offer after graduation. My baby was very jealous of me, not because i simply had a job offer, BUT a job offer the Offers me a free climb of that bridge. YES!!!!...i get to climb this bridge for free. WHY??? ...cos it is a part of their induction training. By now, you should have guess it. Yes!! I'm going to work as one of their team member in BridgeClimb sydney Habour Bridge. As what??? Heheheh...definitely not Team leader that brings ppl up to the summit... :) My job is fairly easy i should say, with an exceptional rich experience of customer service background from my past working experience, i was assign to be their guest service attendant. My responsibility is to make sure every customer come and leave happily without any glitch :)
So...yeah..finally i get to climb the bridge!!! Ashton is pouting cos he didn't get to climb it with me. (We both did promise to climb it together :P)
*1st 4 from left are travellers from England , it was their second climb and they loved it.
*Me - in the middle :) with the rest of other team members
The experience is magnificent (though i do admit that i have acrophobia [fear of heights]) but overall it is great. Both my legs were shaken during the climb...badly shaken..but when i reached the summit, all the surrounding just wraps around me and i felt so calm and relaxing. It was raining cats and dogs that morning but it did not stop the climb. We were provided with everything and are not allow to bring anything. I was even given a scrunchy, Fleece, Rain shell (wind breaker),a headset, waterproof pants, handkerchiefs (just in-case we get emotional), lanyard to secure your glasses, beanie and cap. I was kinda glad that it rained that morning, because the original suit that we were wearing is like some grey astronauts kinda suit without the helmet of course.So the rain shell and waterproof pants does make the whole picture looks cooler :P

This year, the bridge celebrated their Diamond (75th) anniversary and i'm proud to be one of the climber and soon to be team member. Honestly....this is my best ever training for work. The Induction program for new recruiters, including me, was quite relaxing and we were actually enjoying the training. Somehow i have a feeling that this job is gonna be a heck of fun :)

No comments: